Born: June 26, 2009 @12:32am
Weight: 6lbs 2 ounces
Height : 19 inches

Age:1 year old
Weight: 21 lbs 12 ounces
Height: 28 inches

Gross Motor development: Ella started walking about 10 1/2 months so by 12 months she has mastered it! Crawling is no longer her method of getting around!
Fine Motor: Her little pinchers can pick up anything from a book/toy to any spec of dirt on the floor! And of course once she gets the item off the floor it goes straight to her mouth! =)
Sleep: She continues to sleep like a champ! She is still taking 2 two-hour naps during the day and then sleeps 12 hours at night. Yes she is just like her mom and dad!! She even hates to be woken up early. I Love it because she normally doesnt get up till 830/9 o'clock! LOVE IT!
Language: Ella is really excelling in this area. (what...maybe because her mother is like her grandmother and doesn't stop talking??? NO that can't be it!!) Her words are very clear and understandable. She can say "Dadda", "Daddy" "Mom", "Bubba", "GG (aka:uncle greg)", "Who's that?", "I dont know", "book", "Nana", "No", "yes", "papa", "ya", "down", "ut-oh". I have also been working real hard on teaching her sign language, and surprisely she is doing soo well! Ella can sign (again very clearly and understandably) thank you, more, please, eat, drink, milk, no. Nutrition: I am proud to say that I did NOT have to give Ella a single ounce of formula! Thats right she nursed for a whole year! yeah...I think that is a big achievement! ok...so Ella's eating habits...well lets just say..Garbage Disposal!! haha...She eats everything and ANYTHING!! Seriously, from mushrooms to olives, chicken to beef, every kind of vegetable known, every kind of fruit! I stay clear of sweets but her Aunties, Uncles, G-Pa, Nana and Papa love to sneak her sweets..sweets..sweets...(don't think you are going to eat anything sweet without sharing with her!) And during meal time there is no interupting or else you get the mega MORE sign thrown in your face!! I actually have not started her on peanut butter yet but i will soon! And whole milk is something she has come to love!
Some of her likes: Reading books, reading books, reading books, Playing with her big cousin Alison, Playing with Austin, LOVES swimming,Playing with her toys, Her Cozi Coupe is her favorite toy! Oh Daddy is her favorite (when i discipline her she runs straight to her dad and crys in his arms, Blankie & Paci still accompany her to sleep, Baby Einstein's Baby First Moves, Signing Time videos, and she loves to listen to music especially when she is tired
Some of her dislikes: She actually hasn't found anything she doesn't like other than having her nose cleaned! hahahaha
Current Size: 12 months
Shoe: size 4
She is understanding and actually doing a lot of what nick and i are telling her. Some of those are: "Ella, close the door" "Bring me that toy" "where is your pia... (she will then go look for it) "Gentle (she will rub her hand down her face)'" "Can I have huggies... she will then give you the BIGGEST hugs"
There are so many more things that I would Love to brag about my sweet angel but I think that is it for now =) I hope you all enjoyed reading what Ella is up to these days!!


No comments:
Post a Comment