Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Hope Correctional Officer Outreach

My sister's church is doing a wonderful outreach to the correctional officers at Chino prison. With my husband working as a deputy in the jails, I thought it was a wonderful idea that their church wanted to reach out to these wonderful men and women who work so hard!

Their goal was to bake 4400 chocolate chip cookies! Yep thats right 4400!!! So I of course volunteered to make 6 dozen cookies! It was the FIRST time I had EVER made chocolate chip cookies from a recipe =).

I was having a really bad day, so i thought that maybe taking a break from my "adult responsibilites" I should make the cookies. Man, did that really turn my frown upside down! Knowing that I helped such an amazing cause really made me feel good. Thank you to New Hope Church for doing an amazing job on reaching your goal in making all those cookies! Have fun passing them out on wednesday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment