After 5 weeks of bed rest and then like 2 weeks of him
NOT wanting to come Baby Roberts decided July 28th was going to be his birthday!!!
It all started at the doctors office that morning at 1045am when the doctor "accidentally" broke my water during my exam. He sent me over to the hospital where he expected to see this little guy sometime during the afternoon. With how the last 8 weeks had gone I should have guessed it was going to go as the doctor planned! It started out by me waiting an hour in the waiting room for them to find me a bed! Because they had to do some rearranging they decided to put him in the OPERATING ROOM! Hahaha!!! I was ok with how slow things were going because Stephanie was on her way home from Laughlin! So I had to hold this little guy in until she and greg arrived at the hospital! They finally got me into a room at 2pm! I was not progressing! This was not looking positive! My doctor finally had them give me Petocin at 5pm. well by 545pm the petocin really hadn't done much so my family decided to all go get something to eat. Of course when NO one (except nick and I of course) my contractions decided to kick into full affect! At about 7pm I was finally getting my epidural! Man do I just love the epidural =) At around 9pm my nurse came in and checked me. I was at a 4.5... really?!?!?!?! I thought i was for sure not having this baby until sometime in the middle of the night! 30 minutes she came back to check me because there were dips in my contractions which she said could have been the baby moving down. I was still only at a 5!!! So she tried changing my position to see if that would help but the baby's heart rate kept dropping. we finally got the baby's heart good. Jen comes in at 940pm to see what the heck is going on. I was filling her in on what the nurse had said and done when all of a sudden I felt like i needed to go to the bathroom. She went and got my nurse and to ALL our surprises I was now dilated at a 10 plus 2! In 15 minutes i went from a 5 to a 10 PLUS 2! It was go time!!! My doctor showed up at 1030pm and 2 pushes and 6 minutes later Gavin was born! It
was so cool because the doctor actually let nick deliver the baby! He pulled the head shoulders and body out! Such an awesome thing for him to do!!!! So here are a few of the pictures Stephanie took during Gavin's stay at the hospital!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of his face!
We are so NOT used to our family's baby's wrapped up in blue! It's been pink for all of us girls!
Our sweet Bundle!
Isn't he just so precious!
My sleepy head
He has no idea how much we already Love this little guy!
his first bracelet =)
he has no clue how much his BIG sister is going to annoy him.. hahahaha
I just love my two babies =)
Not a happy camper here
Wait ... is he sleeping again!
Look at those cheekies
Please NO more PICTURES... I just want to sleep!
We are so excited to have this little man in this family!!! Poor thing has no idea how bad he is going to be tortured by Alison, Ella and Paige!!!















No comments:
Post a Comment